Ministry & Counsel will be holding a Vision Workshop to get input from others on the direction God is leading CAF. This will be an eclectic gathering of official and unofficial leaders, but we are hoping that anyone interested in helping to put words to who we are at CAF, or who has spent some time prayerfully discerning where God might be calling us to follow in the future will show up. Refreshments will be provided and people will gather in smaller groups around tables to discuss the rough draft statements Ministry and Council has been working on so far. We hope to keep it light and fun despite the somewhat serious topic. Plan to come and share your input!
The current draft of the Vision and Values Statements is as follows:
1. College Avenue Friends exists to be compassionate examples of Christ bearing God’s message of love to the world with not only our words, but also with our deeds as lived out by the Friends Testimonies of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, and Equality. We believe we are called to "let our lives speak" as a demonstration and proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. College Avenue Friends exists to be a Christ centered fellowship that stays true to our heritage as Friends. Hence, we are committed to a listening spirituality allowing room for the inward experience of Christ—one tested against the example lived by Christ and also God’s revelation found in the Holy Scriptures. We believe God’s living Word, Jesus, will always lead us in ways that are consistent with His written word of biblical revelation.
3. College Avenue Friends exists not only for its own sake but also for the sake of those outside our walls that Christ calls us to love and serve. We are committed to pushing beyond the status quo and being a light to others in our daily walks of faith.
4. College Avenue Friends exists and has existed from its beginning to serve as a light to William Penn University and to impact its students, faculty, and destiny as God leads.
5. College Avenue Friends embraces a spirit of hospitality that shapes our worship. This calls us to an inclusive vision that makes room for new members to find their place in our family and allows them to grow in Christ using their gifts and talents.
6. College Avenue Friends embraces the fact that we are an intergenerational church, committed to intergenerational inclusivity. We are committed to a balanced approach that embraces this diversity in our worship planning of music, preaching, and other worship activities.